Monday, February 15, 2010

love everywhere

Jonee's response to my last post re-inspired me to start again. I'll make a habit of this yet.

I usually think of this as a place to remind myself to be grateful for small, everyday things in my life. Mundane moments of grace. But sometimes something big and obvious comes along... I'm so grateful for the experience of creating and performing Love Everywhere. I loved walking down the steps of city hall, playing the viola, and taking in beautiful surroundings and all of the people gathered to see the performance. I loved the applause that broke out when Jen and I kissed. I loved looking up at Jessie speaking vows from a balcony with audience members standing right beside him. I loved dancing a raucous klezmer dance with everyone. I loved being part of a service at Glide. I loved the joy and kindness and love radiating from all of the performers involved, and the smiles and tears of the audience. Stuff like this doesn't come along every day, but it is in some way a channeling and magnification of love and joy that are a part of the every day world. Now it's just a matter of remembering that...

No comments:

Post a Comment